If you want to please your kids or are fond of creativity then here is the best chocolate cake recipe you have ever experienced ! Make your kids as well as your family surprise by making this qualitative and unique choco cake.
I am sure no one will be able to stop their surprising smile after seeing this cake ! So wait is over now… start preparing this delicious, unique and easy chocolate cake recipe for kids to make them smile.
Ingredients for Owl Shape Chocolate Cake:
- 2 cakes baked in 1-quart Pyrex bowls
- 2 cakes baked in (12 oz) ovenproof glass bowls
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 5 banana Runts
- 1 can (16 oz) chocolate frosting
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 2 tablespoons mini-chocolate chips
- 2 Junior Mints
Keep with you:
- A serving platter
- A chopstick or wooden dowel
- A resealable sandwich-size plastic bag (Ziploc)
For Owl Shape Cake :
- Trim the top side of all of the bowl cakes to make level.
- Trim ½ inch from the curved bottom of one (1-quart) chocolate cake and place it wide side up on a serving platter. Spread the top of the cake with some of the chocolate frosting. Place the other quart cake on top, flat side down to make a ball.
- Continue trimming and assembling process with the 2 (12 oz) bowl cakes.
- Spread some frosting on the top of the larger ball and place the smaller ball cake on top as the head. Insert a chopstick or wooden dowel in the center to help balance the cakes (see template).
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon 1 Tbsp of the vanilla frosting into a resealable plastic bag.
- Spread the remaining vanilla frosting on the front of the larger ball cake for the owl’s chest. Make smooth. Spark the chest in dots with the mini-chocolate chips as seen in photo.
- Separate the Oreo cookies, place creamy area of cookies in front of the cake in order to make eyes.
- Cut one of the Oreo cookies (cream-free) in half with a serrated knife to make the ears. Press the cut cookies into the top of the cake for the ears.
- Spread the remaining chocolate frosting on the top of the cake, on sides and cookie ears. Make the head area smooth. Using the back of a spoon, lightly press against the chocolate frosting and pull to make feather-like peaks all over the body of the owl.
Procedure for decoration:
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting. Pipe a dot of frosting on the head area of cake and attach the cookies with cream for the eyes. Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on the cookies and add the mints as the pupils.
- Insert one banana Runt below (middle of the eyes) the eyes for the owl’s beak. Tick the remaining banana Runts into the bottom of the white chest area to make owl’s feet.
Try this healthy, easy chocolate cake recipe for kids to make their celebrations attractive and enjoyful! And yeah! Do not forget to share your experience with us 🙂